Ideas that excite us
On this significant day of Juneteenth, we wish to both empower our community and look inwards.
We feel like shit. We are enraged, horrified, heartbroken by George Floyd’s murder. We are overcome with the need to do something, and yet overwhelmed by the vast, vast number of suggested actions we can take, personally and as a company, as designers and as human beings, and by the long history pervasiveness of racism. We are ashamed of ourselves personally, for not knowing more, and for not having done more before now to keep us from getting to this point as a society. And at the same time, we are confounded by what is clear: it is not about us, or how we feel, or DesignMap, or design (or Design, for that matter). And yet it is about us. All about us. it is only and specifically our attitudes, our actions and our behaviors that will make anything different tomorrow.Continue reading
- ProductTank Talks: Designers and Product Managers
- Now More Than Ever
- Designing While Remote
- A Report: The State of Contact Tracing
- Navigating In A Black Swan World
- On the Title Fight
- On the Pace of Consumerization of the Enterprise
- On Hiring Designers
- What CEOs Need to Know About Design
- Being The Crystal Goblet
- 4th Order Design
- Endgame: Using design to harness complexity
- Discovery—The first step
- Navigating complexity
- Who’s calling the shots now?
- Responding to the challenges of free-trials
- See. Believe. Act.
- Releasing the power of complex networks
- Top tips for meaningful workshops
- Reflections on successful business/design relationships